We have many security procedures in place to ensure that children are safe at Inglenook Nursery School
- Access to the building is restricted to the front door only, where the caller is clearly visible by nursery staff. Parents do not open the door and wait for Staff.
- Visitors are not given access to the nursery without a prior appointment.
- Prospective parents can just turn up but are accompanied at all times.
- A visitor’s book is maintained.
- Strict security measures are in place for the collection of children.
- Parents must provide specific named collectors and/or a password.
- High handles and mechanical door closers are on doors through which children do not have access.
- Child safety gates are used around the nursery.
- Very high staffing ratios are maintained whenever children are taken on outings.
- Children are never taken off the nursery premises without written consent
- Parental permission is gained for displaying children’s photographs on this website or in nursery literature or displayed on the walls.
- The nursery is fitted with a fire alarm system as well as a burglar alarm.
Each playroom is subject to a full safety check s throughout the day. You will notice the continual attention to health and safety on your visits to nursery, such as the use of socket covers and stair gates, no trailing cables and no hot drinks permitted in the play rooms.
The general cleanliness and orderliness throughout our nursery is the mark of our attention to detail.
Fire drills are performed at least every three months and records maintained.
The Environmental Health Department have approved our Health and Safety Policy, First Aid Procedures, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessment and Food Hazard Analysis, and make unannounced visits to inspect the premises.